Spywareprogram in NOD32 or not?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sigge, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigge

sigge Registered Member

I wonder if a antispyware-program is necessary whwn using NOD32?

I just now using PestPatrol and I love it. But if its antispy in NOD32 i will uninstall PestPatrol

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It's up to you. Many people will say you don't need anything else, while others will take the opposite view. But who ever answers you have a look at their sigs as many list their software there. ;)

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !

NOD32 is a real anti-threat system combining protection from all kind of malicous code into one kernel . So you have protection against viruses,trojan,worms,spyware,adware,dialers,rootkits and other riskware ... with one word - covers everything + you have special heuristic technologies for new unknown threats.

All you need with NOD32 is a firewall.

You can use Pest Patrol if you want and if it doesn't conflict with NOD

4. sigge

sigge Registered Member

Ok, thanks. Whell I whant to have so little as possible of programs running at the same time. I will now uninstall PestPatrol.

I will also say thanks to the NOD32 team for a exellent program

5. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

you may choose Look n Stop, it will be as fast as NOD is.

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Do you have the option of running pest patrol on demand? That may be a way of not having its active protection running all the time but also being able to scan for malware. NOD32 is fantastic for virus protection. But I have ran it since last June and it is yet to detect spyware on my machine. But when I run SuperAntiSpyware or AVG Anti-Spyware on demand there is sometimes spyware found.

7. sigge

sigge Registered Member

yes I have PestPatrol running on demand. Whell now I have uninstall it so mI must trust in NOD32 now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.