SpywareGuardcause application error in IE

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pittman, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pittman

pittman Registered Member

After I downloaded and installed SpywareGuard and SpywareBlasterI now get the following error when re-booting and when trying to use Windows explorer.

Explorer.EXE Application Error
    THe instruction at "0x734301d5" refferd to memory at
    "0x734301d5". The memory could not be "read"

Click on OK to terminate program
    Click on CANCEL to debug program

Clicking on either OK or CANCEL seems to terminate the program.

I have tried to remove and re-install SpywareGuard but cannot because the system says it is running and prompts me to terminate it before trying to re-install it. THere is no SG in the system tray and I can't identify a process tha is running it.

Is the a know problem and can you help me get it working?

Thanks,

James Coleman Pittman

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi pittman,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

SGBHP.EXE and SGMAIN.EXE are the running processes for SpywareGuard.

Keep us posted,

Pieter

3. pittman

I killed the processes sgbhp.ex and sgmain.exe and then tried to remove spywareguard from the add and Remove Programs window. It did not complete. Access was denied to files spywareguard.dll and dllprotect.dll. These are read-only. I then forced deletion of thes 2 files and deleted the spywareguard directory. I then re-booted. After the re-boot spywareguard was not running but some of my icons normally in the system try were missing. The processes were running but using no CPU.

I re-installed spywareguard and the SG appeared in the system tray as it was supposed to. Also the icons missing in the re-boot after removing spywareguard were back in the system tray again after the re-install.

I then re-booted. During the shutdown a error window saying some kind of failure occurred. It fashed too fast so I don't know what failed. The shutdown completed and the re-boot sompleted. After re-installing spywareguard the Explorer application error is still there.

Any suggestions what I might try next?

Thanks,

James Coleman Pittman

4. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

5. pittman

Thanks, but it doesn't match my system.

I have discovered that after re-installing spywareguard and re-booting when I see the application error I can use the Task Manager to deleted the 2 spywareguard processes and then restart them using the desktop shortcut. Then the red SG appears in the system tray and the application error is gone.

This seems to indicate that there is a problem putting things in the system tray that confuses explorer.exe. If you can think of anything that I can do or any place I can go to get more on this problem please let me know.

In the mean time bypassing this problem is a little less troublesome that the original problem of the hijacked home page that I had.

Thanks.
    James Coleman Pittman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.