spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by scott lang, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i posted the other day a question about blaster and guard. i got the blaster problem solved by using the 5 dtb files to overwrite in the prg. thus allowing me to manually update blaster. now the other problem with guard needs a little help. i downloaded it the other day and installed it. and when i run the liveupdate on it it gives me : an error occured while trying to download. does anyone know how i can fix this? i'd still like to use it along with blaster. the prg's i have for this type stuff are: i run nis2004
    and spybot search and destroy1.3
    and adaware 6
    and spywareblaster 3.2
    my computer has: a intel desktop board d865perl
    i have 1024 mbs of ram
    i have a msi nvidia geforce mx440-8x video card
    i have a intel p4 2.6ghz processor

i dont know if any of this info helps but i thought i'd include it.
    guard seems to work with the exception that i cant get the update function to work. some help with this would be greatly appreciated. TIA

2. scott lang

a little help here would be appreciated.

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The built-in updater in SpywareGuard doesn't even have as many options as SpywareBlaster's updater does, so if it doesn't update directly on its own, you'd have to use its manual updates which are available here (4 files for SG):

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=25749

Since there hasn't been an update to SpywareGuard's definitions in quite some time, you won't have to do this often enough to be of concern.

4. scott lang

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, i've been trying for a while to get someone to help me. i appreciate it immensely. thankyou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.