SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BadBob, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadBob

BadBob Registered Member

Hi,

How do you uninstall SpywareGuard? It's not in my Add/Delete.

Thanks

Bobby

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Bobby,

It's not in your Add\Remove programs list ?
    What version ?

If all else fells....there is an uninstall file(unins000.exe)....in the Program Files\Spywareguard folder.

3. Azn_Tweaker

Azn_Tweaker Registered Member

download then reinstall. after the reinstall go to control panel and uninstall it. just curious why u want to uninstall?

4. BadBob

BadBob Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. Honestly, I have been forced to try and combat this spyware problem. I am new at this game and have been flailing around with program after program. I would give $50.00 to get my damn homepage back. It has just now started to prevent me from accessing my web based email account(Yahoo). Even with the yahoo blocker toolbar. How? When I get to my Yahoo email account the browser instantly gets highjacked to this bogus homepage.

I will struggle on. No program has been able to stop this. I thought SpywareBlaster had done it when I disabled(darkened) the control panel for changing the homepage.

Still goes to "about:blank" and some crappy page I think is cached somewhere on my harddrive.

Thanks Bubba

Bobby

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Bobby,

Since about:blank is usually associated with the CoolWebsearch highjack and can be very difficult to remove if not handled properly by the experts....I suggest you consider visiting one of the better known Browser HighJack help Forums....since Wilders no longer offers analysis and cleaning service.

This site---> Hijackthis - Spyware, Viruses, Worms, Trojans Oh My! ....and be sure to check their

**Before You Post, Read-Follow These Rules and Guidelines **

For a list of other security sites that perform these types of hijack & spyware cleaning services check the below link out.

This link---> http://a-sap.org/

Once you are clean....I'll suggest you check out the below link for future prevention.

This link---> Why did I get infected in the first place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.