SpywareGuard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by catcando, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catcando

catcando Registered Member

I have been running this for some time with no issues, but in the last couple of days,after reboot, I get" Run-time error '429':
    ActiveX component can't create object
    Then it shuts down.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version, but still does not fix the problem.
    I do not appear to have any other problems with other proggrams.
    I am using W XP Pro with all updates.
    Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. catcando

catcando Registered Member

I did do a search before I posted and that did not come up. But as I am sure you know from that thread, there is no fix for W XP. It just says that it should be installed by default. I have run Norton Sys Works Pro, OneButton repair, and run a boot repair scan. It still does not work. I am having no other problems to my knowledge.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Edit I did do a search on the MS site, and found a Windows Script file for W XP. I downloaded, installed and rebooted, and it seems to be working fine now.
    Thanks again

4. LowWaterMark

If you actually go to the link that says "Windows 2000" in the that post, you'll see that Microsoft actually calls that page: "Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP".

I thinking that we need to update that thread and Javacool's comment where he says "Windows XP should have the required files installed by default."

If this works for you, we will update that thread & comment.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

It is possible something removed those files.

The latest download from Microsoft now supports Windows XP - please let me know if that fixes your problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

Best regards,

-Javacool

6. LowWaterMark

Ah, I see you edited and did use the same file as linked from the thread by Javacool. (Javacool's link above is the same link, too.) So, I'd guess it's safe to say the sticky thread should be edited to reflect that this works for XP, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.