SpywareGuard vs. Winpatrol

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by daddymo3, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

For protection on my computer I use;
    Sygate
    AVG
    Spybot S&D
    Adaware
    SpywareBlaster
    I have read a number of threads suggesting SpywareGuard,
    and a number of others saying WinPatrol. Can I run them both or is that just overkill.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The manufacturer of spywareblaster says spyguard is a complementary product and describe it's function and how it works on their site. Winpatrol is a completely different type of product from Spyguard. Suggest you visit the Manufactures sites for both products to get more info.

3. JT3

JT3 Guest

The manufacturer of spywareblaster is the manufactor of spywareguard, obviously they wont do the same thing

With Win patrol you most probably won't need spywareguard.
    Well unless you think it's heuristics are good , which it isnt

4. hadi

hadi Guest

5. The Hammer

Yes a visit to the site will make that obvious. The reason for the visit is to allow the maker to explain how Spyguard is supposed to work. I did say also that Spyguard is a complementary product to Spywareblaster. As to how well it works it is up to the individual to decide after research and perhaps trialing the progam.

6. The Hammer

Yes you can run them both. As to whether that is overkill that is for you to decide. Processor speed and how much ram you have may become factors as you add more programs. You should get a router though even for a single PC.
    See a bunch of setups here:https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=22741&page=1&pp=25

7. One thing you could try, if your concerned about mem usage, is to run WinPatrol permanently, and only start SpywareGuard before (and while) you are downloading something. But maybe too hard to remember to activate it all the time.

Actually, I would be running far more than your very modest set up, but that's just my opinion. There are many far more powerful programs available that the ones you listed. But I suppose your set up is ok for a beginner.

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

All off topic posts have been removed, and anything further off topic will also be removed.

Blackspear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.