SpywareGuard sufficient?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by SMaus, Feb 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMaus

SMaus Registered Member

Hi everybody,

I use SpywareGuard together with NOD32, TDS and WormGuard. To decrease probability of being disturbed by all sorts of malware I use Opera instead of IE. Now my question: Is SpywareGuard enough for me or do I need an additional "background" scanner? Of course I also use AdAware, Spybot and SpywareBlaster. Is it nonsense to activate Ad-watch when I use SG anyway? Am I paranoid? :)

Regards - Stefan

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, you are in the best position of all of us to answer that question...

You see, most people use Ad-aware and/or Spybot to clean their systems. A normal thing to do, to be sure. However, what a lot of people fail to understand is that "finding spyware or adware" on their system with those products is not a solution at all, it is actually a sign of a problem that needs to be addressed.

If those tools are constantly finding things then the system is not configured securely enough. But, if scans with those tools, (plus if SpywareGuard constantly alerts versus never alerts, and the same with your other security tools), never find anything any more, then you are probably configured securely enough.

3. SMaus

SMaus Registered Member

What a quick answer - amazing!
    OK - to be honest - I'm constantly looking for malware because I NEVER get anything. Obviously my cfg is alright then or I'm just lucky. I'll leave it with SG and Ad-Watch then.
    Thanks very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.