SpywareGuard LiveUpdate fails

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bensil, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bensil

bensil Registered Member

I just installed SpywareGuard and it seems fine, but when I attempt to run LiveUpdate, I get a message that there was an error. I am using Panda Platinum 7.0 antivirus with its built-in firewall, but I expressly gave SG permission to access the Internet. The update for SpywareBlaster worked perfectly. I understand SG's files don't need updating as often, but these are from 8/30/03 and I thought there might be some newer ones.

Let me know if there is an update and/or if I can or should update manually. Great software, by the way. Thanks.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

There definitely is another update; mine is from 1/22/04.

I think that there has been some discussion about updating manually when there is difficultly; I'll take a look and in the meantime someone else might have a better answer.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ah; here is the way to update manually. Hopefully someone will be able to help you fix your liveupdate difficulty, nonetheless.

4. bensil

bensil Registered Member

Thanks, Detox. I tried the manual approach last night, but got a message about the files being the wrong date. I tried again from your suggestion, and it worked fine this time. I hope someone can come up with a reason for the failed LiveUpdate, but at least for now I feel more current.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.