SpywareGuard LiveUpdate fails

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by bensil, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bensil

bensil Registered Member

I just installed SpywareGuard and it seems fine, but when I attempt to run LiveUpdate, I get a message that there was an error. I am using Panda Platinum 7.0 antivirus with its built-in firewall, but I expressly gave SG permission to access the Internet. The update for SpywareBlaster worked perfectly. I understand SG's files don't need updating as often, but these are from 8/30/03 and I thought there might be some newer ones.

Let me know if there is an update and/or if I can or should update manually. Great software, by the way. Thanks.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

There definitely is another update; mine is from 1/22/04.

I think that there has been some discussion about updating manually when there is difficultly; I'll take a look and in the meantime someone else might have a better answer.

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ah; here is the way to update manually. Hopefully someone will be able to help you fix your liveupdate difficulty, nonetheless.

4. bensil

bensil Registered Member

Thanks, Detox. I tried the manual approach last night, but got a message about the files being the wrong date. I tried again from your suggestion, and it worked fine this time. I hope someone can come up with a reason for the failed LiveUpdate, but at least for now I feel more current.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.