SpywareGuard installation problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by occhio, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. occhio

occhio Registered Member

New member, hello! Trying to install SpywareGuard, get message "...SETUP.MSG is missing..." Any suggetions?
    OS = XP
    BROWSER = IE6

Thanks.

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi occhio,

I'm not sure why you are receiving that error message, and as far as I can tell, you're the first one that's reported it. When the error message came up, did it give the path (location) to the SETUP.MSG?

I am wondering if it was in the Temp folder? Sometimes if there are a number of left-over files in the Temp folders, they can interfer with installing new programs. As regular maintenance, the Temp files should be cleared out periodically. To do that, you can use the Disk Cleanup Utility in XP to clear the Temporary Internet files and Temp Folder files.

Click on the Start button, click on Run, and type in cleanmgr and then click "OK" to bring up the Disk Cleanup Wizard. The Disk Cleanup box will appear. Place a check mark in the box beside the areas you want to have cleaned. Then click "OK" and the Disk Cleanup Wizard will delete the files you've placed a check mark beside. Reboot your computer.

Then download a new copy of SpywareGuard 2.2 and try installing it again.

Please let us know if clearing the temp files helps at all. :)

Regards,

snap

3. occhio

occhio Registered Member

Thanks Snap, you were probably correct. Before I read your suggestion I had already cleaned out a lot of junk with Adware, Spybot and Sypblaster. Then when I tried installing again, it went well.

Thanks for your help.

occhio

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Good to hear, occhio. I'm glad you were able to get SpywareGuard installed and working properly. :D

Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.