SpywareGuard: Download protection??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by av, Mar 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. av

av Registered Member

Hi!
    I've just downloaded SpywareGuard a few days ago, but something bothers: I've repeatedly checked "yes" for "Download protection" and "Save Settings" - but after a while Download Protection has been signed off by a red cross. Why??
    Best regards
    Kim

2. 10390bc

10390bc Registered Member

You could try downloading it again, but I sure the experts here will have some better advice than this computer novice could give.

3. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

In the meanwhile, you might also want to take a look at this thread where a similar problem is being discussed. ;)

Good luck,
    BS :)

4. av1

av1 Guest

OK - thanks - but.... :oops:
    what's a Download Manager, how do I se which one I'm using, and how do I fix the problem o_O I'm running Windows 2000 on my computer at work, and Windows XP Home at home, but there's the same failure.
    Sorry I'm not more of a technician :rolleyes: but with a simple explanation I guess I can fix it
    Regardings from
    av1

5. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

A download manager is a programme (usually integrated in your browser, namely IE) that allows you to download many things at the same time, pause and resume the download whenever you want etc. You will know if you have any download manager installed if whenever you attempt to download something, instead of the standard explorer box which only lets you cancel the download and see how much time it's got left, a programme window opens offering you many other additional options like the ones described above. You can also verify that via Add/Remove in Control Panel (download managers usually have indicative names like Download Demon, Download Expert etc).

The point is that not all download managers can coexist peacefully with SpywareGuard, and sometimes tend to disable its download protection. The only programme of this kind I've seen co-operating well with SG (on my own PC, at least) is Download Expert. All the others seem to cause one malfunction or the other to SG.

Now if by any chance you experience this problem without having any d/l manager installed, better wait for an expert to give you more specific instructions on what to do. :)

Best,
    BS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.