spywareguard download problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by modmal, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modmal

modmal Registered Member

I'm new to the forum - this post prompted by trying to download spywareguard -SG- (after reading advice on spyware warrior site). I have also downloaded spywareblaster which seems to be running fine.

The download seemed to go OK and I have an SG icon on my desktop. However I can not open the application from the icon, or by going to the SG directory in the programme list.

I thought I would delete and start again but this is not possible because Windows tells me SG is running and I must exit it first. Because I can not open it, I cannot exit it, so I cannot delete it.

Seem to be a catch 22 situation. Can anyone advise?

Thanks
    Modmal

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

press ctrl+alt+del to open the task manager. spywareguard should have two processes beginning with the letters "sg". just close the two processes then proceed to uninstall it.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

There should be an SG icon in the systray and in order to open the programs GUI you click on that icon. The SG icon on the desktop and the "SG directory in the programme list" are only needed to place the SG icon in the systray if for whatever reason one chooses not to start SG as a service on turn on of the computer.

As a side note....once you have responded back to this thread I will be moving this whole thread to the SpywareBlaster & Other Forum where discussions of SpywareGuard take place.

Also....Welcome to Wilders Security Forum :thumb:

Bubba

4. modmal

modmal Registered Member

Thanks for the advice - its certainly enabled me to get rid of all but three SG files- the remaining ones are sgbhp, dlprotest.dll and spywareguard.dll - which I cant delete. I guess thats not important.

If I can ask one further question - I have SpyBot S&D and SpywareBlaster running. Would you recommend further protection and should I persist with SG v2.2 trying the download again? I am using windows XP sp-2. It looks like some other threads indicate this combination might not be a happy one?

Many thanks
    Modmal

5. modmal

modmal Registered Member

Reply to Budda

yeh thanks I did spot an SG briefly in the systray briefly after your reply. I guess I should try and download again and try launching it as you suggested.

many thanks guys
    Modmal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.