Spywareguard Conflict with Mouse Tooltips

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by skbaltimore, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

NOTE: This is similar to a reply I made in another thread, but I felt it deserved its own separate post. I recently installed SpywareGuard and have been enjoying the additional security/peace of mind it provides. However, aside from the broken live update function, I also noticed that it's interfering/blocking mouse tool tips/folder information from being displayed. At first I thought it had something to do with a recent MS update I did that somehow changed my Windows Explorer settings. But after double checking all of those, and uninstalling/reinstalling my LogiTech mouse software/driver, the problem persisted. Then I uninstalled SWG and the problem stopped. I thought it was important to post here:

1. To let JC know about the problem, and
    2. Give a heads up to anyone else who might be experiencing the same thing.

NOTE: My OS is W2K.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey sk,

To my knowledge....this is still a known problem and Javacool is working on a possible fix. While the below thread and a comment from Javacool is a few months old....it still has a couple of things you can try to help until a fix is released.

This thread---> SpywareGuard 2.2 still knocking out Tooltips

Javacools comment---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=146274&postcount=17

said by Javacool
    "no permanent fix is available yet....
    I am still working on it (I just haven't had any luck yet).

Best regards,

-Javacool"

3. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Wow, thanks, Bubba. That was some quick reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.