Spywareguard BHO

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by KRH, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I'm running Win98. Both BhoDemon 2.0 and Spybot S&D 1.2 tell me that the BHO for Spywareguard 2.2 is present but not active. BhoDemon says, "Although this BHO has entries in the Registry, the file itself () cannot be found." Is this normal? The icon is in the system tray and the program seems to be working. I partially tested it by manually changing my home page, and it responding properly with a warning. Why is the BHO not active and can the program completely work without it?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The BHO portion of SpywareGuard deals with the Download Protection component, which attempts to intercept downloads of quite a few nasties.

If both BHODemon and Spybot are telling you the file appears to be missing, a reinstall of SpywareGuard (right over-the-top of the old version) might be a good idea. Please let me know if that fixes the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. KRH

KRH Registered Member

Yes, that did fix the problem. Thankyou very much. I'm pretty sure the BHO was originally functioning and I wonder what caused the corruption (hopefully not one of those "nasties"). When I first installed the program, I did have to install Microsoft Windows Script Run-time in order to make it work. I wonder if that's where the setup might have gone a little haywire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.