SpywareGuard and TeaTimer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by claire, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claire

claire Guest

Hi,
    Is there any known issue running both programs together or is it overkill
    to run both programs? :)

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I was testing to see if TeaTimer was working by changing my home page. SpywareGuard was first out to warn me followed by TeaTimer so you will have to answer to prompts twice. I am still unsure about the overkill myself as I have just used Spybot as a scanner in the past. I am trying to find out more about TT to decide if I should run it permanently or not. I just know I was asked SpywareGuard warned me first and the alerts went on until both were satisfied I did know about the change!

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i would say its overkill, teatime hogged alot of ram when i tried it, when the beta first came out (havent tried 1.3's stable version)

just my 2 cents :D

4. claire

claire Guest

Robyn and MCT thank you for your input.

Since Teatimer seems to be a ressource hog I'll stick to SG :)

Have a great week end both of you

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Claire,

Having read many threads on quite a few Forums\Sites concerning TeaTimer and CPU usage....I am of the impression\opinion that PepiMK nailed a fix for high TT CPU usage in the Final Public release of Spybot(v. 1.3) for most if not all users. I personally have no high TT CPU usage on any of the numerous PC's I maintain with varying OS's(Win9X.2K and XP)....after an un-install\reg cleanup of previous versions, Beta's, Release Candidates. Excusing a few minor bugs that will be addressed in an update....I will continue recommending to family\friends\co-workers to update to 1.3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.