spywareguard and spywareblaster

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bamaman66, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bamaman66

bamaman66 Registered Member

I have both of these programs on my computer along with adaware and spybot. Do I need all these programs? If I don't what are the suggestions for removing some?

2. OmegaNemesis

OmegaNemesis Registered Member

Well, Im no pro but having so many programs that do anti-virus/spyware/malware/trojan/ect. can sometimes conflict with each other. If you want, remove one or 2 of them but if you decide to keep them, make sure they arent running at the same time.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ive stopped using all four of those programs for a while.

if u need them is up to you. ewido or superantispyware is all i need.

4. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

It also depends on what browser you use. Spywareblaster and Spybot both have Bad download blocking immunisation for Internet explorer, which can be useful, and they work in different ways. Spybot loads a Browser Helper object and Spywareblaster sets Killbits in the Registry. If you use Opera or Firefox then your need for them is much less.
    Spybot also has teatimer a process monitoring prog.
    Adaware seems to be going through a bad period although I hear murmurings of a new version of Adaware in the pipeline.
    One other thing they 'dont run' at the same time. They are not realtime scanners [except teatimer], as said you can set and forget.
    Gordon

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

spywareguard is also a realtime scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.