SpywareGuard and memory

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joni, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joni

joni Registered Member

I had very low memory at one time down to 13%. Since then I had to reinstall Norton AntiVirus2004 and after that I unchecked many items in Selective Startup and starting from 98% I allowed very few items on tray and I was down to 80%. At this point I did not have Spyware selected in Selective startup. After rebooting I was adding SpywareGuard manually. At this point my resources went from 80% to 64%. I then checked my Close Menu via control, alt del and I noticed that the following items were listed in addition to those I had before opening SpywareGuard sgmain, sgbhp, rnaapp and acsd. I believe the sgmain and sgbhp are part of SpywareGuard. I always thought that rnapp opened with AOL and sometime took 10 minutes to close after signoff however, I was not on AOL at the time and it is my understanding that acsd is a conductivity item. Can you explain why these are shown in the Close program menu after opening SpywareGuard. If I select SpywareGuard to run at Startup would it still use all these resources?

Originally when it was checked at Startup it was loading and showing up on the tray before Norton loaded and I understand there can be some conflict it more than one program is trying to load at the same time. Before reinstalling Norton Antivirus 2004 I was getting messages that auto protect was off and that liveup was not working correctly.

I have Windows98SE
    I have a DSL connection
    I have just added additional RAM (it doesn't seem to be helping anything)

2. Azn_Tweaker

Azn_Tweaker Registered Member

Joni how much RAM do u got?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.