SPYWAREBLASTER

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rbjsatx, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbjsatx

rbjsatx Registered Member

My spywareblaster works just fine, except that every time I load it, the first windows is one from Windows saying it is going to configure XP. I click on cancel and spywareblaster continues loading. Anybody know how to get rid of this annoyance? If so, can you e-mail me at: <removed>yahoo.com Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind explaing that a little further Please. Do you feel it's an actual Windows box....or is it an Internet Explorer Security Alert presented by the Spywareblaster program ?

Attached Files:

3. rbjsatx

It is a regular Windows window, much the same as one you would get when installing Excel or Powerpoint, etc. At one point it asks for insertion of the XP CD. When I do this, it tries to find an msi file that it cannot find. When I click on cancel, Spywareblaster loads normally. It is not so much a probem as it is a nuisance. Thanks for your interest.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ah hah....that Window :eek:

While I have not seen anything concrete of why actually this happens....what I do know that has worked for most, if not all users is to simply insert the XP CD or Office CD....whichever one it asks for. I have been told this sometimes indicates something that was not finished in a prior installation....un-related to Spywareblaster.

Related thread---> error messages

5. rbjsatx

Thanks for the update. Will try that again, but the other time I tried it, the Windows install reached a point when it asked me to insert the CD, which I did. Then it said it could not find a certain file (I believe it was msi.pro, not sure). Searched like crazy for the file but could not find it. Just cancelled out and loaded Spymaster. As I said, the Windows Install box does not prevent loading of Spywareblaster, but it a pain in the you-know-what.

6. rbjsatx

Next time I shall pay TOTAL attention to the subject of the box when one pops up!! It was a Windows Install for OFFICE not XP. Problem solved.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's the important thing....and as of yet we have not figured out what triggers the Office MSI to be needed but it is and things usually work fine aftet that :doubt:

8. creativeonee

creativeonee Registered Member

Re: SPYWAREBLASTER and Office Install

>>"That's the important thing....and as of yet we have not figured out what triggers the Office MSI to be needed but it is and things usually work fine aftet that"<<

Just installed the new update 3.51 and what is explained above is happening to me...NOW whenever I initiate SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 it asks to update MS OFFICE and requests the OFFICE CD...after which my start menu is populated with the "New Office Document" and "Open Office Document"...

Is there a fix for this bug yet or can I still get the previous version to 3.5.1 to install it again so I don't have this nuisance?

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.