SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Helter_Skelter, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helter_Skelter

Helter_Skelter Registered Member

Hi Javacool,
    have been using your excellant anti-Spyware program for 6 months (Firefox & IE). I use the manual update which has been working fine. I have not changed fire wall settings and the corruption of update information should not have occurred (2 of the 3 possible reasons SB suggests). I am left wondering if there is a server problem/Update going on at the moment. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Helter_Skelter o_O

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Last updated 12/11/04

Attached Files:

3. Helter_Skelter

Helter_Skelter Registered Member

Bigbuck,
    Thanks for the screenshot. I now find that I am able to get SpywareBlaster to check for updates (ie connect to the server) and I have the same screen as you have displayed. Guess something was happening server end over the last 14 hours.
    Problem solved

Helter_Skelter :)

4. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Maybe a bit of congestion??.....you get that occasionally.
    Cheers,
    Buck.

5. Silver_Shard

Silver_Shard Guest

I am having the same problem that Helter Skelter was having, except it has been going on for several months. I have SpyBot S & D, Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpywareGuard, NIS 2005 and SpywareBlaster 3.2. I haven't been able to update SpywareBlaster for around two months now (or more) and the same thing as Helter Skelter: I didn't change any of my firewall settings. I haven't been trying to update absolutely every day; I don't have the time. I try about once every three to five days, when I run SpyBot, etc. I can get SpywareBlaster up and running, but when I check for updates it says "Error Connecting to Update Server" in bold letters. I'm connected to the Internet, so what could it be? Any help?

Silver_Shard

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Silver_Shard, and welcome to the forum. :)

You mentioned having NIS 2005. It may be that you have to reset the rules in the firewall to re-allow SpywareBlaster to update. There was a member who had NIS 2004 and a similiar problem to your's.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=41126

On page 2 in the above thread, (see Post #29 by Shirewolf), he found a solution that worked for him with first removing the NIS 2004's firewall rule for SpywareBlaster; changing SpywareBlaster's connection options, then trying the update again, which then allowed him to reset a new firewall rule for SpywareBlaster, and it updated without any more problems. You can try this first and see if it helps.

If you are still unable to get SpywareBlaster to update, there is the manual update method you can use. This sometimes will fix the problem too. The manual update files can be found here: SpywareBlaster Troubleshooting and Tips & Tricks under the sub-heading "SpywareBlaster Tips".

Let us know if any of the above helps.

Regards,

snap

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

If i may add something here, have u tried alternative methods to download updates?

Just open your SpywareBlaster interface, click on Updates>Options and try one of the other methods offered there.

snowbound

8. Silver_Shard

Silver_Shard Guest

I just wanted to say thanks to snapdragin. I went into NIS 2005 and changed the rules to permit for SpywareBlaster and that fixed it.
    Thanks again.

Silver_Shard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.