Spywareblaster with AOL

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Michhala, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michhala

Michhala Registered Member

Is Spywareblaster's Internet Explorer protection effective for those of us using AOL? AOL uses my Internet Explorer 6.0, which is my only browser and not customized. Sometimes I use my external IE browser after signing on with AOL, but most of the time I do not.

My thanks.

Miki
    Dell Dimension 8250
    Pentium 4 2.66 GHZ
    Windows XP (SP1)
    512 MB RDRAM
    80 GB 7200 Ultra ATA
    AOL/DSL 9.0 Optimized

2. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Im not certain on this, but I believe SpyWare Blaster is an IE6 Only program. Again I am not certain.

Keep in mind however, AOL comes with AOL Spyware Protection. I HIGHLY recomend you run this periodically. It will catch things that some other programs cannot detect (Such as Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE, etc.) I run it maybe twice a week and it will catch one or two objects, but when it explains what hte object is (KEYLOGGERS) I'm glad i ran the scan.

3. toadbee

toadbee Registered Member

Yes. AOL's browser (which is your IE fancied up), will utilize SpyWare Blasters benefits. ;)

4. Michhala

Michhala Registered Member

Thank you for your replies UnderOath and Toadbee. I have found another post here from an administrator that tells me SpywareBlaster will work.

>>This was LowwaterMark's answer for another poster there on Dec. 1st.
    The latest version of AOL still appears to be using the Internet Explorer browsing engine, so yes, SpywareBlaster will be effective with the AOL browser. (There are also many "branded" copies of Internet Explorer for other ISPs where SpywareBlaster is fully effective.)

I do want to point out, however, that AOL uses only one IE which is my external one -- I do not believe it is "fancied" up -- in AOL's version window it is the same as my external IE. AOL is quite clear about this during installs and upgrading. The history and cache on AOL is identical to that on my external desktop IE.

Miki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.