Spywareblaster window not loading (Win7)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Hypnos, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hypnos

Hypnos Registered Member

Hi

Ever since updating to Windows 7 I have never been able to run Spywareblaster, i've now installed the newest version 4.3 and am still having the same problem.

Ive posted a thread a while back about this but my problem was never sorted. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=265271 disregard the part about spywareguard.

Basically I can install and run spywareblaster but after the UAC prompt spywareblaster loads (can see it running in taskmanager) but the actual window does not. This means I cant enable protection.

This guy seems to have the same problem https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=269475 but the suggestions in that thread have no affect either.

Please help

2. Hypnos

Hypnos Registered Member

Why does nobody want to help? I seem to get a lot of adware crap turning up on my system when I do a scan with Spybot S&D that I never had under xp with spywarebaster running :(

Windows 7 is running pretty slow now, at least could someone suggest an alternative to spywareblaster?

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You shouldn't see it running in task manager. The program doesn't work like that.

Once you install SpywareBlaster and adjust the settings, which are registry settings, no more action is needed from the user.

4. Hypnos

Hypnos Registered Member

I do understand that.

But I cant actually open the spywareblaster window in the first place to enable protection or download any updates.

I wish I could record my desktop to give you an example, its really annoying, thanks for your help

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

6. Hypnos

Hypnos Registered Member

Yes, Im running avg 9 and spybot s&d.

The first time I installed win7 I thought id messed it up so reformated and started again. tried installing spywareblaster before any other security programs but still having this problem.

Strange thing is im sure the first time I did a clean install of win7 spywareblaster ran fine.

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Using Windows 7, Windows Defender is also running unless you removed the option.

I would remove SpywareBlaster and Spybot S&D. Reinstall SpywareBlaster and see if it works okay. Then, reinstall Spybot S&D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.