Spywareblaster will not run on Win7

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by turbinespaul, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbinespaul

turbinespaul Registered Member

After what appears to be a normal installation I try to start Spywareblaster from the menu and only get a quick flash on the screen. This appears to me to be security or maybe a permissions issue but I am not sure how to fix..

Is Spywareblaster still a good program to run in parallel with MS secuity essentials or is it not needed any longer.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. druthers

druthers Registered Member

I found that SpywareBlaster couldn't run on Windows7x64 in the following instances:

If and when the account's font size setting is set to a "custom size". However, even then, SpywareBlaster will run and update OK when started in "Safe Mode with Networking" -- (hit F8 at Windows startup).

Additional conditions where SpywareBlaster might not run in Windows 7 would perhaps be when a non-standard display, font, or language setting is used -- or, anything that causes Windows 7 to run an additional, and incompatible "DLL.MUI" -type of file.

The following file prevented (or was involved in preventing) SpywareBlaster from running in two separate accounts on my computer, until the font size had been reset to a "standard size", on each of the accounts:

KernelBase.dll.mui ... ( C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US\KernelBase.dll.mui )

In Windows 7, you can find Windows Error Reports for SpywareBlaster in these folders:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\

And find Windows Crash Dumps for SpywareBlaster in these folders:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.