SpywareBlaster vs. Immunize Now

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by InfinityAz, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Has anyone tried Immunize Now v1.4 (by Phant0m - Mount Olympus)?

It appears to be similar to SpywareBlaster and I was wondering if it would be worth running with SpywareBlaster or in place of SpywareBlaster or do they basically cover the same things?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

according to Phant0m, it covers a lot more. it could be biased but you never know...

considering they have the same basic function, id choose one or the other.

3. Curb

Curb Registered Member

I have SpywareBlaster on my pcs. The reason is that g4 / techtv recomends it and it is free. I trust G4. Its on cable tv, FYI.

Go to forums.g4tv.com
    scroll down to the tech support forum.
    Read the first post "virus/trojan/spyware Help

Its a great article.

the following post "Commonly recommended software links`` most are free, tips, info" is also a must read.

good luck

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Immunize Now is formerly called: Spyware Shield, and was on the list of Spyware Warrior's rouge/suspect antispyware.(has been removed from the LIST). Therefore, this will give viewers a bit of assurance for trying out. I have intalled ,and use it along with spyware Blaster, just to see if there is any overlapping or conflict.

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Is SpywareBlaster Immunize, ImmunizeNow, and Spybot's Immunize a bit overdoing it if you apply all of them at once? Is it better to stick to one?

dja2k

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Over time while staying current with each programs latest database and then manipulating them into Excel....I can say without reservation that the 3 IE protection features contained in each program(ActiveX, Cookie, Restricted Sites) mirror each other 90 + % in regard to the database entries. Having said that....the main key IMHO for users to remember if they choose to use 2 together or even the 3 of them together is the fact that each programs respective databases are placed in the same appropriate Internet Explorer registry location....therefore when one disables one program....the other programs entries become disabled also and vice versa when it comes to enabling.

HTH,
    Bubba

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Haven't tried this one. I am currently using four (IE-SPYAD with TNT's list, MVPS Hosts file, SpyBot Immunize and SpywareBlaster with custom blocking list by http://koti.mbnet.fi/pattaya1/swb3.htm). I don't consider this standalone security just something to bolster Outpost, Kaspersky AV, ProcessGuard and RegDefend. The good thing about using multiple lists is although there are many dup's, updates occur at different times. By using multiple blocking lists/programs chances are that one of them will update fairly quickly affording you the latest in protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.