SpywareBlaster version 3.1 incompatibility with Win98

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by William Randall, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Running Win98.

I understand that SpywareBlaster 3.1 may not be compatible with Win98.

Without going into all the details now, I've found that I cannot even install 3.1, but I can run version 3.0. Trouble is, I can't get updates for version 3.0.

Solution?

TIA

William

2. Archangel

Archangel Registered Member

WFM. Are you running Win98 or Win98se? I'm running Win98se and did not encounter any problems with Spywareblaster 3.0 or 3.1. The download and install worked without a hitch. I first disabled protection, uninstalled SB 3.0, then installed the new version 3.1 and everything worked from that point on. Like I said, no problems with Win98se.

3. William Randall

William Randall Registered Member

As stated in my post, "Running Win98".

Based on what I've read in this forum, I'm not the only one having problems with Win98 and 3.1.

What is WFM?

4. JTT

JTT Guest

I am running Windows 98SE and having problems. SB 3.1 won't open. Everything just hangs up. I've tried the two patches and starting in Safemode with no luck. SB 3.0 worked fine.

5. William Randall

I'm still running 3.0. At least it provides some protection. :)

6. drongo

drongo Guest

i have also problems with 3.1 version (win98 se) i think it because update of explorer , that i did .(Q832894)
    and maybe some incompatibility with other protection programmes (sygate firewall and f-prot antivirus)
    when i click on any options in the programme , windows freeeeeeeeez!!!
    i hope that it will be solved in 3.2 :)

7. minnetonka

minnetonka Registered Member

I've just gone through over ten Google pages trying to find the 3.0 version to install because I overwrote the older version with the new 3.1 in my download folder. It just goes to show how current and popular the program is because everyone has the new version posted already (or links to the Wilders site).

Short of XP, I'll just sit tight and see if a workaround or patch comes in for Win 98 and ME. I see that Safemode is no guarantee, so won't bother trying at this point. The posted info at least reassures me that I'm not the only lonely.

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

One way or another I'll fix this bug. I won't stop working on it until I do. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. William Randall

Thank you Javacool for providing SpywareBlaster and for being tireless in attempting to resolve these issues.

William

10. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Randall i am running Windows 98 and all is cool
    works great....no problems

11. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yep - the problem seems to only affect a small percentage of Windows 98 users.

Needless to say, even one user having trouble running the program is too many, so I'm not going to give up. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.