spywareblaster update slows down pc

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ams963, May 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi I'm new here and this is my first post in this forum.

Now, last year in mid-june I bought a new pc and downloaded spywareblaster free from their official site which redirected me to cnet's download.com

After installing, I updated it manually and to use for some days. As I was new and not computer geek or experienced user I did not research about spywareblaster on the web.So after few days when I saw nothing visible to happen I thought it was useless and just sat there.I uninstalled it.

In december, being a little more experienced,I researched and found that spywareblaster is a great software.I read every single thing in their website and was impressed.I immediately installed it again.Updated it.

But then my pc became slow.I had only avast free antivirus and advanced systemcare free from iobit at the time.

Avast found nothing.But Advanced Systemcare from iobit found several spywares by its built-in spyware remover component.It also found a system infection by its built-in system infection diagnosis component.

I restarted the computer and it was back to normal, running at normal speed that it used to. I thought it had nothing to do with spywareblaster.And I updated it again.But again my pc slowed down and again advanced cleaner found spywares.

I uninstalled spywareblaster.And installed it again.but to no avail.I went through the same problem, updated slowed down found spyware removed them and pc ran like before.I then realised maybe it had afterall something to do with spywareblaster.So I uninstalled it .

Now may 2011, I DON'T have iobit's advanced systemcare free. I have avast free malwarebytes free,superantispyware free and a few handy tools.

When I go different forums now, like the excellent avast forum or equally great malwarebytes antimalware and superantiapyware forums, everybody suggests or they themselves use spywareblater.

I want to use it myself again,now knowing the great features and very light resources that it uses.

But I'm afraid and worried that the problem stated above might happen again. Now my pc is runnig smoothly and I don't want to take any risk but since everybody recommends it and if spywareblaster reallu does what it claims, then it would be a good addition to my layered protection.

I hope you guys understood my situation.
    So my question is can I go forward and download spywareblaster and continue to use without the problems.

Thank you for any reply.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi, and welcome to the forum! :)

Given everything you detailed, it sounds like a few things were happening in the past:
    1.) Advanced Systemcare was erroneously flagging parts of SpywareBlaster's protection as spyware.
    2.) Because of this (and/or other bugs), Advanced Systemcare may have been interacting inappropriately with parts of SpywareBlaster's protection and, thus, slowing down your system.

SpywareBlaster itself does not and cannot slow down your system. There have been a few cases in the past were poorly-behaved third-party programs have, essentially, "choked" on SpywareBlaster's protection. (Even if you weren't using SpywareBlaster, the bugs in these third-party programs could result in slowdown when merely using the standard configuration tools in the web browsers themselves.) When possible we've tried to work with those third-parties to help fix the bugs in their software (which SpywareBlaster was simply making easier to find).

Since you're no longer using Advanced Systemcare, I strongly suspect you will no longer see any of the issues you were previously seeing.

Additionally, should you ever want to, it's incredibly simple to completely remove SpywareBlaster: Open the program, Disable All Protection, close the program, and then run the uninstaller (in Add/Remove programs). That's it.

To summarize: SpywareBlaster is easy to try, easy to remove, and is built to be no-nonsense. What you experienced in the past almost certainly sounds like a bug in another program. Given that you aren't using that program anymore, I'd certainly recommend giving SpywareBlaster a try again. :)

If you have any questions, or encounter any issues, we're here to help. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi. After you assured me to give it a try, I installed spywareblaster, updated it. And guess what, ......... its running real smooth.
    Thanks for yor reply. Now I'm just very to use this wonderful thing along with my other softwares. My pc feels like ........goooooooooooooooood.

4. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Thanks Javacool.

It's good to be reassured.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.