Spywareblaster turn off?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fireballnj, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireballnj

fireballnj Registered Member

hi, I recently intalled swb and turned on the auto or basic all-on buttons. BUT, now I cant run radar from NOAA or weather bug, everything is slow loading and even trusted sites like CNET load so badly that I cant even navigate since all the html buttons are blocked. I went back to the main control panel of swb and turned everything OFF. Nothing!! Everything is still blocked! Should I reformat or go back to a previous date?? I am running windows ME with Symantic anti virus and firewall; use Ad aware, Spybot and Spysweeper without a hitch for months. Now what?

2. Billyg

Billyg Registered Member

only thing I can say is that I have and run everything you listed without any problem, including the weather bug... only difference is I am XP. G/L

3. fireballnj

fireballnj Registered Member

I wish I knew what was wrong! It looks more and more like I'm going to have to go reset to a week or 2 ago and lose everything since then... :'(

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If you used SWB and removed all protection and the problem persisted, then the problem is not caused by SWB.

5. gumper31

gumper31 Registered Member

I am running XP with SWB version 3.2, and it has basically locked everything out to the point where my homepage won't even load properly. When it does, the various MSN-Sympatico links are not accessible either. For the time being, I have uninstalled the program, but welcome any pointers that would allow me to use SWB again.

The previous version was not a problem, but trying to find specific links to uncheck in the scrambled lists is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Is there a better way to configure the latest version so it doesn't interfere with normal, safe browsing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.