Spywareblaster THINKS Chrome installed when it's not ...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bob Howard, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Bob Howard

Bob Howard Registered Member

Some time ago I installed Chrome (by mistake I think) and then uninstalled it. But Spywareblaster (6.0) THINKS it's still installed. How do I get Spywareblaster to not think this.

A similar situation exists with two older (no longer installed) versions of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.

There must be some registry stuff that's causing Spywareblaster to think this software is installed when it's not.

2. Bob Howard

Forget the comment about the Adobe reader ... that was my error.

But my comment regarding Chrome is correct ... Spywareblaster thinks it's installed when it's not.

Sorry ... bob

3. Bob Howard

Using "regedit" I scanned my registry and found several references to Google Chrome that must have been left over from the uninstall process. Manually deleting these resolved the problem ... although I'm not exactly sure which one (of the ones I deleted) was THE ONE to do the trick.

Clearly I should have tried that before I posted this morning ... sorry ... bob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.