SpywareBlaster stopped working!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by alathome, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alathome

alathome Registered Member

I use SpywareBlaster on two computers: one at work, the other at home.

Yesterday, I ran SpywareBlaster on the work computer and got some type of error. This computer is running Vista and tried to find a solution...didn't matter what I did, it resulted in SpywareBlaster disappearing from the screen.

This evening, I tried to run SpywareBlaster on my old home computer (4 yr old computer running WinXP) and received a similar error. This time, I copied the error message:

"Error: Access violation at 0x005F71FC (tried to read from 0x1B1B0D1C), program terminated."

Anyone know what this is? Is there a fix I can download from the Javacool website?

I already tried downloading another SpywareBlaster and running that, but still got this error.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. alathome

alathome Registered Member

I can't remember which link I followed in this forum...but, I found that running Spybot and getting the latest update corrected the problem -- easier to just say that than post another link which means reading more stuff.....................

If you have this problem with SpywareBlaster and also have Spybot installed, just update your Spybot again, and it's solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.