Spywareblaster/Spywareguard for XP

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Aramet, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aramet

Aramet Registered Member

May I please have some help? I would like to use your programs but do not understand which ones to download. I don't know what is meant by ZIP. I have Windows XP Home SP1, Vers.2002. Have installed Norton AV, BOClean,Spybot S&D,Outpost. Thank you for answering my questions.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi Aramet,

ZIP is not a problem if you are running Windows XP. XP has a built-in capability to handle ZIP archive files. (ZIP is a standard file compression and/or archive utility that some files or programs are packed into in order to make moving and handling them easier (and smaller). Think of it as a container that any file or group of files can be placed into.)

Now, the install kit for SpywareBlaster is just an EXE (an executable install program that requires no special handling). It is not in a ZIP file.

Here is a direct download link for SpywareBlaster's install file...

http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1626/spywareblastersetup.exe

SpywareGuard can be downloaded as either a ZIP or EXE, but here is the main ZIP download from wilders.org (again, right-click and save it to your disk)...

http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1624/spywareguardsetup.zip

On XP, you can simply double-click this saved file and it'll open in a Window that looks like a folder... The file "spywareguardsetup.exe" will be in that folder. Again, double-click that file and you'll be installing SpywareGuard.

3. Aramet

Aramet Registered Member

LowWaterMark - Thank you very much for your prompt answer - and the additional helpful information. This is such a neat site for getting help. Kudos to everyone!

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm glad to help...

Just let us know if you have any other questions. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.