spywareblaster scan options

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by enigma1, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enigma1

enigma1 Registered Member

I have accidentally disabled ALL the scan options in spywareblaster (ie, silent scan on startup etc) and now I can't find how to get it back. Can anyone help?

enigma1

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

enigma1, and welcome.

To enable all protection in SpywareBlaster, click on the Protection button on the left panel, then under "Status" click the Enable All Protection button. That will enable protection again.

I am not sure what you mean for "silent scan on startup" though?

Regards,

snap

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

What scan options are u talking about in spyware blaster am i missing something as i dont see any scan options in sb v3.0

The Mul

4. enigma1

When I was installing spywareblaster, a dialogue came up offering two different scan options. One was that a scan would be performed, unasked, on startup, and the other would have let me set a time to do a scheduled scan. Being new to the program, and cautious, I said no to both options, assuming that somewhere in the program I could re-enable those options. Well, now I can't find ANYWHERE to schedule a scan either on startup or at a fixed time.

enigma1

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

humm....I am wondering if you mean the scan for updates when you start your computer.

For the Auto-updating feature, you have to purchase a subscription.

You can still 'manually' check for updates and download them for free. Click on the 'Updates' button in the left panel, then click the "Check for Updates" button. If there is an update available, it will then download and bring your SpywareBlaster's database up-to-date.

snap

6. enigma1

No, I know about the updates thing. I am assuming its a scan to be compared against a system snapshot or something like that.

enigma1

7. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hmmm.... This sounds a lot like MRUBlaster......

Kent

8. enigma1

Gawd, I am cringing with embarrassment here. You are right - it IS mru-blaster!! I installed both programs at the same time, and I must have been operating on autopilot or something. Thanks very much folks - sorry for being such a num-num :)

enigma1

9. snapdragin

snapdragin Administrator

No problem at all, enigma1. As long as you have everything set up the way you like it, that is all that matters. ;)

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.