SpywareBlaster run, download, install errors - disappears

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by justhefax, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justhefax

justhefax Registered Member

XP Home SP2 fully updated. Stop code error issues on boot.

Had SWB 3.5.1 installed, running fine. Then 2x click icon, program won't run. Won't appear.

Uninstalled.

We tried to download SWB from several sites, when we click on the download button, the entire IE window just disappears. SWB 3.5.1, from download.com, majorgeeks.

Tried Firefox. Still unable to dl.

Also, had the download on a flash drive, transferred to HD, 2x click to install, no reaction.

HijackThis scan OK. Virus, Spybot, Ad-aware, all OK.

Dan

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Which sites did you try to download from?

3. theforceinc

theforceinc Registered Member

Same thing happens to my system. Windows XP SP2. I already have Spyware Blaster 3.5.1 installed and previously running. I pasted a shortcut on my startup folder so it would always run when i started windows. It is not running now. The shortcut is still there in the Startup Folder.

Also whenever you try to search "spyware blaster" from your browser, whether be IE or Opera, the browser closes. Another is, if you use the windows explorer to browse the Program Files directory of Spyware Blaster, the window closes after a second of opening the Program directory of Spyware Blaster.

I also have tried downloading the setup file on a flash drive to try and reinstall the software, but it also closes when the installation begins.

There is definitely a trojan in my/our system. and it could not be detected by my antivirus(which is always updated everyday), and Spybot as well.

Have you already encountered this? Any solution formulated?

o_O

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

You do not need to do this. Spywareblaster does not need to be running at startup. That is the beauty of this app. It sets "hooks" in the registry to block unwanted injections\writes. No running processes just a small 3+ MB folder on your hard drive.
    I am running it on XP64 Sp2 with no problems.

5. theforceinc

theforceinc Registered Member

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.

:(

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This definitely sounds like a virus, trojan, or some other type of malware.

Please follow the instructions here: http://www.castlecops.com/t102301-Hijackthis_Guidelines_Read_Before_Posting.html

They will guide you through scanning with various applications, to see if something can automatically detect and remove whatever is causing your problem.

In the event that nothing detects it, you'll be asked to post a HijackThis log in the CastleCops forums - please do so, and post a link to that log back here.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.