spywareblaster question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ghost_13, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost_13

ghost_13 Registered Member

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked/suggested previously (i'm new to this message board btw): but can you temporarily disable spywareblaster from scanning for spyware? if not, do you think this might be a good feature to add to future versions of this program?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi ghost_13,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

SpywareBlaster does not scan for spyware, so I am not quite sure if you are confusing it with another program, or if you are in fact asking how to allow certain spyware.

Regards,

Pieter

3. ghost_13

Thankyou Pieter.. :)

i think my question was confused/ing. :oops:

anyway, just to check: it stops spyware from getting onto your system, right? but it doesn't 'scan' for anything though (eg. like ad-aware)?

Thanks again anyway.. and sorry for asking probably dumb questions.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi ghost_13,

That's exactly right! :)

Here's what I usually post when someone asks what SpywareBlaster is and how it works...

When you run SpywareBlaster and you see that window that has a long list of over 800 items in it, those are all individual known spyware items that SpywareBlaster protects your system from. If you see them highlighted and in red then the protection is off. If the items are checked and black, then the protection is enabled.

I hope this helps,
    LowWaterMark

5. ghost_13

LowWaterMark,
    i think what i really wanted to know was how much of my pc's system resources this program uses, ie. a little/a lot? (it doesn't use any internet bandwidth does it? ..other than when you update it, i mean.)

Thankyou so much for your help, &for the information. :)
    (more dumb questions probably.. sorry. i don't have any more after this though.)

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It doesn't use any resources to provide its protection. This is because all the protection comes from the flags it sets in the Windows registry. The program does not run in the background. It onlys needs to be run for about 1 minute each week to check for updates - that's it.

As for Internet usage, as you suspect the only use is downloading the updates each week (or so), and they are very small files (a few KB only).

Resources are not a concern when talking about SpywareBlaster. :)

7. ghost_13

Thankyou.. that answers all of my questions at the moment. I'm v.pleased to hear it doesn't use any resources/bandwidth (except when updating, as mentioned). Thanks again for all your help.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.