SpywareBlaster probs - "This program has been damaged..."

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hoggle2000, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoggle2000

hoggle2000 Registered Member

Ok - I have a fairly good computer but Im am tryin to get my old Pentium 233 (Windows ME) up and running so my dad can use it. I have connected my broadband connection and Im doing a lot of updating.

Thing is SpywareBlaster comns up with this message:
    "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

Now Ive tried with a couple of different versions and it won't work. Ive tried the CWShredder and it wasn't present on this PC. I ran Adaware and it removed some stuff but not the offending problem. I ran Spybot 1.4 (but it seems to finish in seconds - I wonder if this has been affected too?)

Anyway - how do I fix this? I have ran HiJackThis and there are some things in the log which Im sure shouldn't be in there. I can post the log if someone wishes but does anyone have any advice for me?
    (I downloaded Startdrek too but it means little to me)

Please help!

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Hoogle, ;)

Sorry we no longer process HJT logs - but it is something you likely need to be looked at. ;) Could you follow the advice given in this Javacool KB Article and please let us know the results - success or not.

Be sure to try a fresh download of Spyware Blaster 3.4 before preceeding to Castle Cops to post a HJT log.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.