SPYWAREBLASTER / OVERTURE / FINDWHAT

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sekzman, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sekzman

sekzman Registered Member

I am using Spywareblaster and have a problem that I am hoping someone can help me with as I am not a "techy".

In order for me to sign into BOTH Overture.com and Findwhat.com pay per click accounts, I have to disable Spywareblaster and do not want to do this. I prefer to keep Spywareblaster enabled at all times.

Does anyone know how I can keep Spywareblaster enabled at all times and still sign into both Overture and Findwhat accounts?

Thank you very much........sekzman

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi sekzman. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

Just open your SpywareBlaster interface, click on the Internet Explorer option, scroll down to the cookie listings and uncheck those 2 entries. They are both listed there.

snowbound

3. sekzman

Hi Snowbound:

Thx for the speedy reply.........

I followed your instructions and made sure that both Overture and Findwhat are NOT checked and then enabled Spywareblaster and I continue to have the same problem.........Message comes up that says ActiveX controls need to be activated.

Any other suggestions? Am I doing something wrong?

Sekzman :cool:

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Can u verify that indeed those 2 entries are still unchecked after reanabling protection in SpywareBlaster?

snowbound

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  5. sekzman

Hello Snowbound,

I verified that both Overture and Findwhat are unchecked. Overture works but Findwhat does not. For Findwhat a message pops up about Active X controls.

Any more suggestions?

Sekzman

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If I lower my IE Internet Zone settings to medium....I do not get that ActiveX control alert. If I enable Spywareblasters Flash Killer....I then get the ActiveX control alert.

Be advised....if you are not aware....Findwhat.com is listed in numerous Restricted Site databases....IE-Spyad, Spybot, Spywareblaster....etc.

Are you using Spywareblasters Flash Killer....or it's Restricted sites protection ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.