SpywareBlaster Operation

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by DLJ, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLJ

DLJ Registered Member

From my FAQ and Forum perusals I understand that SpywareBlaster does not need to be running to benefit from its effects while on the web.

However, do I need to run SpywareBlaster each time I boot up my computer prior to using IE6? I don't see it in any startup lists or startup folders. I don't see it running in a processes (I may be looking at the wrong process list). I'm using Win98SE. Should I place it in the startup folder? Will it minimize using a /min switch after the execute command in the shortcut? Am I missing a setting that's in the program somewhere that does all this?

Thanks for your help.

2. ????

???? Guest

The following is from a post made the day before yours... I found this as I had the same question as you....looks like it doesn't need to be restarted/reloaded each time....
    =========================

SpywareBlaster does not need to remain open or running to protect a system.

The protections provided by SpywareBlaster are passive (basically 'flags' set in the registry and other places). The program itself is only used to set those flags and to get new updates. Since it is not an active scanner or any type of resident protection, it does not need to be running in the background to work.

Just run SpywareBlaster and use the "Enable All Protection" link on its main page (under Quick Tasks) and you are set. You can close the program until the next time you run it to check for updates, which should be done once a week or so.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Thank you ?? ?? - that is the correct information. :)

Regards,

snap

4. DLJ

DLJ Registered Member

Thank you, very much. Beautiful! That is just what I was looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.