SpywareBlaster on MultiUser System...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by MarkS, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkS

MarkS Registered Member

Hi Javacool,

I am a great fan of your terrific products.

I have a question however...

I have installed SpywareBlaster on my Win98 SE PC which is a PC used by me, my wife, my son and my au pair. To make life simpler I have created a seperate user profile for each of us.

Will SpywareBlaster work no matter who is surfing the web - or do I need to install it in each of those profiles?

Thanks in advance...

Mark S

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

There are two protections in SpywareBlaster. By far the more important one is it's blocking of a known list of malicious ActiveX controls, (which can cause everything from simple browser hijacks, to the installation of high cost premium dialers). This protection is applied globally on the system when you run it from just your user ID.

The second protection is the blocking of a list of spyware cookies for IE6. This is done on a per-user basis (which is the way IE stores those settings by default). If you want the cookie blocking on all users, then you would need to run the SpywareBlaster interface on each user account following every update you download.

Alternately, if you set IE to block all third-party cookies, you probably could bypass the cookie protections on the alternate user IDs and still get a great deal of value out of SpywareBlaster.

3. MarkS

MarkS Registered Member

Hi LWM,

Thanks for your very helpful reply. The next time I get back to my nachine I will run the SpywareBlaster interface on the other profiles - I think I may find doing it each time I get an update a little tedious however - but that's just me...

I don't know if this is a related issue - and I guess I should start a new thread in the MRU forum - but I am too lazy to do so (as you can see from above...).

I find that MRU does not clean the MRU files list from my MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) applications. For me this is not a big privacy issue so I haven't bothered to do anything (see, I told you I was lazy). But could it be because I have these user profiles and MRU Blaster can't "find" the MRU entries for these products?

Thanks and Best Regards

Mark S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.