Spywareblaster Not Open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by oshoshitzu, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu Registered Member

I have Spywareblaster on 2 computers one is a PC running XP Pro; the other is on a netbook running Windows 7.

When I click on the Spywareblaster icon of either computer Spywareblaster will not open.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Spywareblaster on the PC; but still Spywareblaster fails to open.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

if you go to the spyware blaster program folder and click on the .exe does it work?

3. oshoshitzu

I have opened the spyware blaster program folders and cannot see a file ending in .exe. However, I assume it's the one which has the Spywareblaster icon. I have clicked on this; but still nothing happens.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. oshoshitzu

RE
    The thread by Daddy Bear entitled: "Run Time Error 481 Invalid Picture"

That's exactly how my Spyware Blaster problem started on my PC, and it started on the same day (yesterday) as Daddy Bear's

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

try this
    http://www.exactsoftware.com/docs/DocView.aspx?DocumentID={79a06bfe-8a9e-475f-9e25-381308bd8f97}

7. oshoshitzu

I've tried this; but no success

8. allanr

allanr Registered Member

I've also been having difficulty with SpywareBlaster starting recently.
    I use it on 3 PCs, on each of: XP SP3, Vista 32bit and Win 7 64bit, and they had all been running fine until this Monday (1st Aug)

For no apparent reason, SpywareBlaster on the XP and Vista PCs refused to start as described by oshoshitzu.
    On XP, it appeared as though nothing was happening when you started SpywareBlaster, although spywareblaster.exe did briefly appear on MS Process Explorer list, then disappear after a couple of seconds. On Vista, the UAC would appear, but after selecting OK, nothing happened and MS Process Explorer showed the same as for XP.
    The Win 7 PC never exhibited the starting problem and always started properly!

I prepared a MS Process Monitor report filtered for SpywareBlaster on the XP PC last night (Tue) and was about to do the same for the Vista PC tonight (Wed) with a view to sending them to the support desk. However, inexplicably SpywareBlaster is starting normally all the PCs today !!

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

(Note: All my PCs have KIS 2011 running)

9. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

It is reasonably likely that the problem was caused by a buggy update for one of your other security programs. They may have then quickly pushed out a fix.

Since certain methods of hooking the kernel (that some other security software uses) only work on 32-bit Windows, that might explain why the issue never showed up on your 64-bit Windows 7 machine.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.