SpywareBlaster no good with SP2?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by UTAFF, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UTAFF

UTAFF Guest

After reading so much praise for SpywareBlaster, I downloaded the latest from it's home page and "Enabled" everything there is in both IE and Firefox (except the Flash), this thing doesn't seem to use any memory at all nor it runs in the back ground, however after installing this program I'm getting constant "Errors" and "WARNINGS" in my Event Log...Event ID 1517, Error Usernrv? something.....? Is this just me or this program trying to access "Active X" and XP SP2 doesn't like that?

XP Pro SP2/Admin AC(only a/c)

Thanks.

2. ski123

ski123 Registered Member

Look here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=837115

ski123

3. UTAFF

UTAFF Guest

Thanks ski123 for your help and link!

Well, look what I found from MS! (See the Resolution/Status at the bottom). I'll install SpywareBlaster again :) !

SYMPTOMS
    After you run Sysprep on an installation of either Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition, the following warning message may be displayed in the application event log when you restart the computer:

Event Type: Error Event
    Source: Userenv Event
    Category: None
    Event ID: 1517
    Date: 01/18/01
    Time: 10:41:52
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: <computer name>
    Description: Windows saved user <domain\user> registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in the local system account.
    Back to the top Back to the top

CAUSE
    The event occurs if a program or service has the Registry open while Windows XP is logging off.

RESOLUTION
    You do not have to do anything. You can ignore the warning.

STATUS
    This behavior is by design.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.