SpywareBlaster & Mozilla

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by flyingbreton, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingbreton

flyingbreton Registered Member

I've just installed Mozilla browser. After launching SpywareBlaster v3.1 I found in the status window that for it Mozilla is not installed. I've uninstalled SpywareBlaster and reinstalled it to no avail. Is it hopeless?:)
    Thanks.

2. Nick

Nick Registered Member

What version of Mozilla are you using? It only supports version 1.7 I believe. Also, only Mozilla Firefox version 0.8 is supported.

3. flyingbreton

I use version 1.6 which is the latest one (there is no such thing as v1.7<g>)

4. Nick

Nick Registered Member

Version 1.7 is still beta, but it changes the way it handles the cookies, or at least the way it stores them. So SpywareBlaster has been made to work only with 1.7 and above. I made comments on another forum, and that is the answer Javacool gave me.

5. flyingbreton

Thanks. I'll try to find this beta version.

6. themag

themag Guest

i ahve the 0.8 version and that support spywareblaster

7. flyingbreton

What's the difference between Mozilla and Firefox?

8. dog

dog Guest

Hi Flying Breton, :)

The simple difference is Firefox is the on cutting edge of Mozilla's technology, there both from the same source.

I've just started using FireFox and really love it, it's now my main browser, and just to keep the post on topic, SB does provide protection for FireFox 0.8.

Here's some links so you can investigate the differences.

Mozilla Home Page
    Mozilla 1.6
    FireFox 0.8
    Press Release from Mozilla Re: FireFox

HTH, :)

dog - *puppy*

9. flyingbreton

Thanx. Now I have FireFox installed but for SpywareBlaster Mozilla/Firefox is still not installed. So I think if I want to avoid problems I'll have to revert to IE.

10. dog

dog Guest

Hi Flying Breton, :)

SB will protect FireFox too, simply open SB, in the bottom section "Quick Task" select enable all protection, and now FireFox will be protected by SB.

dog - *puppy*

11. Diamond T

Diamond T Registered Member

"It only supports version 1.7 I believe"?? Hmmm - I'm using 1.5 and SpywareBlaster v3.1 works just fine.

12. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Have you checked in Mozilla to see if the cookies are in the cookie blocking list? They shouldn't be. :doubt: (As SpywareBlaster doesn't support the format used in that version of Mozilla.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

13. Diamond T

Diamond T Registered Member

Oops - my mistake! In SpywareBlaster - Moxilla/Firefox protection is enabled - 0 items have protection disabled. When I loaded SB on to friends computer who doesn't have Mozilla the Mozilla area was greyed out so I thought mine was working. Don't use Mozilla much anyway so no big deal. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

14. nicoboss

nicoboss Registered Member

Hi !
    Spywareblaster & spywareguard are both installed on my machine.
    I've just downloaded Firefox and installed it on an alternate HD (= not C: ).
    There's only one user on this machine and it is an admin user.
    Looking in Spywareblaster mozilla/firefox options it seems it doesn't detect firefox, even after a reboot.
    clicking "enable all protections" doesn't ungrey mozilla/firefox protection, that spywareblaster says is not installed.
    Does anybody have an idea ?
    thanks
    Nicoboss

15. burrism

burrism Registered Member

I have asked a number of times as well.

I have 2 XPPro machines, both with Mozilla 1.8a1

On one machine, all is well...on the other, Blaster will not discover Mozilla. I have tried re-installing both programs many times. Weird....

burris

16. nicoboss

nicoboss Registered Member

I don't dare playing with my regedit but I suppose we would find there the clue... or maybe in the Paths (I tried but did not find what to add)

Could someone guide us ?

Thanks

Nicoboss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.