SpywareBlaster message when running

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by yo, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yo

yo Registered Member

Began running SpywareBlaster couple of days ago. Does anyone else get the Microsoft Internet Explorer exclamation message box that says 'mainAutomation server can't create object'

I never got this message till after I installed and began using SpywareBlaster. It comes up when clicking links to internet sites and I have to click OK for it to go away. Sometimes it pops up couple of times in a row.

Also, what are pros and cons of checking the disable and block Macromedia Flash in the Flashkiller option.

Thank you, yo

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Can you try disabling all of SpywareBlaster's protections (see this post for info on disabling it all) to see if this stops those messages from occurring? This is just to confirm if SpywareBlaster is actually causing this problem. If so, it might be possible that some spyware element is somehow embedded in your browser and when SB disables that ActiveX item, it causes this error. (This is pure guess and theory as we have not seen this problem posted here before.)

There are a lot of Flash Ads that sit on webpages or within popups, so most people use this option to disable Flash until they specifically go to a page where they want to see/hear some flash item, in which case they use this feature to turn Flash back on. (Flash Ads can be very annoying.)

3. yo

yo Registered Member

I did disable all SpywareBlaster protection and that message did not appear. When I put all protection on, it happened again.

So, how do I go about finding out which one is causing this message to appear, OR should I just ignore and close the message box that says 'mainAutomation server can't create object'

Is there ever a time when protection on one item or more should be disabled?

Thanks for responses and help. yo

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Javacool chooses the items to protect carefully and should not hit any item that is not being protected for a valid reason. If an item is in there by mistake, I would expect a lot of people to post saying that it is being targetted incorrectly and thus it would be removed.

I think the best way to proceed would be to post a HijackThis Log for review by the experts here. It may point to some embedded spyware that is causing this problem or at the very least, lead to more questions which ultimately should help to determine the problem.

[hr]
    HijackThis is a tool that displays startup and configuration information from your system. It is a very good way to determine what spyware is present and it also allows it to be fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.