SpywareBlaster\McAfee possible conflict

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TRevM, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRevM

TRevM Registered Member

Re: SpywareBlaster 3.4 released!

Hi everyone.

Help requested , please.

I've just downloaded SpywareBlaster 3.4, to complement Mcafee Internet
    Security Suite and my computer memory has gone berserk.
    ( 512k with Windows XP Pro / system cache 131k).

There's obviously a conflict, with CPU Usage flatlining at 100%. After about half an hour , it dropped back to 0%, ( presumably a ?scan had finished?) but left clicking on the mouse & dragging a window shot it back up to 80%.

Uninstalling returned it to normal - reinstalling did the same to the memory.

It would be a pity to abandon ship, especially since I've read that it's worth
    running several anti spyware/adware programmes in order to cover all bases.
    (McaFee didn't get everything)

Does anyone have a simple, non-techie solution to this problem, please, or are they just incompatible?

Many thanks.

TRevM

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey TRevM....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

At what point in time is this happening....during install....during enabling protection....etc.
    If you are meaning Spywareblaster....it has no scanning capabilities. Once you have applied all the protection you desire....you can close the program down.

If your problem is during the stage when you are enabling protection....be advised Spywareblaster is adding thousand of ActiveX and Restricted Site entries into the registry at the moment you are enabling all protection.

Could one of McAfee's ISS features be noticing all this registry action that Spywareblaster is taking....and choke during all that action :doubt:

3. Under0ath

Under0ath Registered Member

Spyware Blaster runs in the backgorund, never scans anything, but rather blocks incoming garbage whilst you're surfing the net. It takes up very little CPU usage. Something else is causing youre computer to go crazy, or youre computer's RAM is low.

4. toploader

toploader Registered Member

hi Bubba i'm currently running Spywareblaster - i also have Winpatrol running - you mention that spywareblaster adds thousands of entries to the registry - if at some point i decide to uninstall spywareblaster will all the entries in the registry be deleted along with it? - or will i need to use some sort of registry cleaner?

also with regard to Winpatrol - is there any reason why the two should conflict? - i have no apparent problems at the moment and given that spywareblaster doesn't actively run i can't see why there should be a problem?

thanks

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

No....the registry entries will remain. You need to follow the below Knowledgebase FAQ instructions and "Disable All Protection" before un-installing.

This FAQ---> How do I uninstall SpywareBlaster™?
    I am not familar with the operation of Winpatrol but I do not at the moment recall any past threads concerning conflict between the two programs.

6. toploader

toploader Registered Member

cheers Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.