Spywareblaster keeps wanting a restart

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by R_Kriegar, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Kriegar

R_Kriegar Registered Member

I just downloaded the spywareblaster 4.1 on a computer running Windows ME. It's a Dell XPS R400.
    I keep getting this message when I try to start the program:

To complete the installation of this program, you must restart the system. Would you like to restart it now?

Help?o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi R_Kriegar,

And you are sure that prompt comes from SpywareBlaster?
    I've never known it to ask for a reboot. Then again, I've never installed it under ME.

3. R_Kriegar

R_Kriegar Registered Member

Yep. I just tried it again, and got the same thing. Nothing in FAQ about it, either.:doubt:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This may occur if a necessary support file isn't properly registered or installed (or if one of those files requires a reboot to be properly installed).

In general, it's something that should only be seen (and only rarely) on first run on certain Windows 98/ME systems.

If you're seeing the message repeatedly, even after multiple reboots, I suppose it's possible that some sort of security software might be interfering with proper installation. (Although I haven't heard of that happening before.) What other programs do you have installed on this Windows ME system? (In particular, security/privacy software, or anything else that "integrates" or "hooks" into the system.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.