Spywareblaster keeps wanting a restart

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by R_Kriegar, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Kriegar

R_Kriegar Registered Member

I just downloaded the spywareblaster 4.1 on a computer running Windows ME. It's a Dell XPS R400.
    I keep getting this message when I try to start the program:

To complete the installation of this program, you must restart the system. Would you like to restart it now?

Help?o_O

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi R_Kriegar,

And you are sure that prompt comes from SpywareBlaster?
    I've never known it to ask for a reboot. Then again, I've never installed it under ME.

3. R_Kriegar

R_Kriegar Registered Member

Yep. I just tried it again, and got the same thing. Nothing in FAQ about it, either.:doubt:

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

This may occur if a necessary support file isn't properly registered or installed (or if one of those files requires a reboot to be properly installed).

In general, it's something that should only be seen (and only rarely) on first run on certain Windows 98/ME systems.

If you're seeing the message repeatedly, even after multiple reboots, I suppose it's possible that some sort of security software might be interfering with proper installation. (Although I haven't heard of that happening before.) What other programs do you have installed on this Windows ME system? (In particular, security/privacy software, or anything else that "integrates" or "hooks" into the system.)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.