SpywareBlaster install problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by NetTraveler, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NetTraveler

NetTraveler Guest

Hello everybody, :)
    I'm sorry I didn't register yet... I have problems with my mail at the moment, and as soon as I resolve problem I will register.

I have question..

When I try to install Spywareblaster, and run it, I get the message

"This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it."

Now I've been using the program for long time, and never had any problem with it.
    I also run Kaspersky pro, Ad-Aware SE Professional, WormGuard, Spybot-SD trial versions of Giant AntiSpyware and SpySubstract.. I must say that I'm impressed with with both of them.
    Do you guy's think I got infected in spite of all those scanners?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2004
  2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi NetTraveler,

Welcome to Wilders.

That error message was something we had seen awhile back with some members that had a CoolWebSearch infection. You could try the steps in this link as a double check: General Cleaning Instructions

Then try reinstalling a fresh copy of SpywareBlaster. (Don't forget to disable all SpywareBlaster's protection before you uninstalling, and reboot inbetween.)

Also, what is your operating system, and also what other security apps do you have running regularly?

Please let us know if any of the above steps help.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.