Spywareblaster install error

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by chinsdad, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinsdad

chinsdad Registered Member

I have tried installing several times after downloading from several different versions from at least 2 different sites and always get the same error message. "Cannot run because of corrupt hard drive or virus". My hard drive tests fine so I'm not sure what to do next. Thanks.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. michaelbcn

michaelbcn Registered Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I'm new to all this!! I work with XP pro.
    I have had SpywareBlaster for about two months - working fine. Last week I got a browser hijacker - th.msie.cc - this coinciding with Spywareblaster not working anymore. And the same message (corrupt hard drive or virus). My hard drive passes tests so I suspect it's the hijacker that done something to SWB - Tried downloading swb again and again but always get the same message, stRAIGHT AFTER THE DOWNLOAD. Can anybody help me get rid of this? I use Spybot to block the internetoptions startpage setting, but that only works for a limited period.
    Also, I have Stuckrects2 in the Registryat HKCU-software-microsoft-windows-currentversion- explorer. Is this in any way related to the hijacker? How can I get of it? I can delete it from the registry but it's back again after reboot.

thnx

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Has something to do with startup menu,

http://www.kixhelp.com/udfs/udf/82893.htm

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.