Spywareblaster - How to make sure it's running?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 3k3, Jul 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Have Spywareblaster 3.02 (items in database 3022)
    It says the program can be closed and still be running. If I check with a Ctrl-Alt-Del all other programs running show up, but not Spywareblaster. Can somebody explain this to me. Do I have a problem here, or is there something I don't know....... :doubt:

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi, and welcome to Wilders!!

What you have described is exactly how it shoud be - the program only runs when you open it in order to check for updates and set protections. Protection is achieved through the use of registry killbits, so there is no need for the application to run in the background. :D

3. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Thanks Detox that explains it, and makes me happy it's sitting there protecting me from the bad guys.
    Appreciate the welcome. This looks like an awesome forum. Still going through all the 'stuff', and there is a lot of it. Keep me busy for quite a while :) :)

4. Deke

Deke Registered Member

Just for a little more reassurance open Spywareblaster and then minimize to the taskbar and you will get this popup.

Attached Files:

5. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Hi Deke

I would like to have the extra reassurance, but when I minimize Spywareblaster it doesn't give me what you show in your post. Could you please give me the exact instructions how you do this. I just get an icon in the toolbar.
    Thanks for your help :)

I have version 3.02

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Deke was just pointing out that the first time you try to minimize SpywareBlaster it tells you basically that you do not need to minimize it (ie. 'keep it running') to be protected. If you don't see that now when you do the same, then you probably already did that sometime in the past. SpywareBlaster remembers if you ever did that before and click the check box.

Well, that's not exactly what it says, or what is meant. The protections provided by SpywareBlaster are passive (basically 'flags' and such set in the registry and other places). The program itself is only used to set those flags and to get new updates. It is not an active scanner or any type of resident protection. It is not running in the background, nor does it need to be.

7. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Thank you LowWaterMark for explaining what Deke was trying to tell me. I think I get the gist of what you are saying, and appreciate the comprehensive explanation. This is actually great as I'm learning a lot more about the program.
    Appreciate very much :) :)

8. Deke

Deke Registered Member

3K3-Glad to see I am not the only one showing 3.02 on the version number.

9. 3k3

3k3 Registered Member

Hi deke,
    Yes we both show v. 3.02, and I show v. 3.2 when I call up the program
    (in the left hand corner, right under updates). Curious........
    Thanks for telling me. :) :)
    Take Care

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.