SpywareBlaster - File damaged!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Morph (DK), May 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph (DK)

Morph (DK) Registered Member

Hi,

Suddenly I am experiencing problems with my SpywareBlaster 3.1 and I think
    its because of a virus (maybe the sasserworm).

I have 2 problems:

1) I cant activate my SpywareBlaster, beacuse I get this message:
    "Error - This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it"
    I have tried to un-install it and re-install it several times but nothing works!!!

2) Suddenly I cant use my LiveUpdate for my SpywareGuard!

I never use to have these problems untill recently when I had a HiJack attempt.

I am using WIN XP Professionel along with Norton Antivirus, ZoneAlarm, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster and SpywareGUard.

Plz advice.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, this is a fairly common problem recently and it effects people that have had certain spyware infections related to CoolWebSearch. Javacool is looking for a way to fix this within his program, but that is still under development. This thread explains more about it overall:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=26534

3. Morph (DK)

Morph (DK) Registered Member

Hi,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I can now see that I am not the only one with this problem, so I will follow this discussion closely.

By the way.....A BIG THANKS TO THE PEOPLE OF JAVACOOL FOR YOUR BRILLIANT PROGRAMS :D

4. Lpr_Brazil

Lpr_Brazil Guest

Re: SpywareBlaster - Super Solution

That same problem occurs with ant virus program as SpywareDoctor and others. This is a small "system" which none of the most famous anti virus can caught up, but the real solution is in a little change in the Registry Entry made by this little program.
    Download in this link <Removed for review>. make a backup of your registry, then run it.

Link removed for review-Ron

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
  5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Lpr_Brazil

Wilders recommends using one of the sites listed here for help in cleaning up your computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.