Spywareblaster doesn't detect Seamonkey

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by gtdurham, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtdurham

gtdurham Registered Member

I recently had to reinstall Windows XP. I installed Seamonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.5 and Spywareblaster 4.2. Spywareblaster detected Firefox but not Seamonkey. Before I had to do the reinstall, Spywareblaster detected Seamonkey. What do I need to do to get it to detect Seamonkey again?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Seamonkey 2.0 changed the location and format of its profiles and, as such, the current version of SpywareBlaster (4.2) will not be able to properly detect it.

However, I've added Seamonkey 2.x support to the to-do list for the next SpywareBlaster release. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. gtdurham

gtdurham Registered Member

When do you suppose that you'll have the next update?

4. mozillafan

mozillafan Registered Member

Hello there,
    unfortunately i experience the same and further more:
    if i move the profile of Mozilla Firefox to a different location from the default (Application Data) via Seamonkey/Firefox Profile Manager,
    then SpywareBlaster doesn't detect Seamonkey nor Firefox.

Please include some detection mechanism in your next version that reads the real Mozilla Seamonkey/Firefox configuration for actual profile locations. (Profile Manager sets it somewhere)

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  5. McGehee

McGehee Registered Member

I'm having a seemingly opposite problem: in my case, SpywareBlaster thinks I have Seamonkey, even though I removed it over a year ago. I've double-checked my Windows registry but SB still wants to protect an application that doesn't exist on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.