Spywareblaster does not start

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by athuret, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. athuret

athuret Registered Member

Hello,
    I installed SpywareBlaster 3.2 under a WIN98 system.

If I try to start it, I got the following message:

I did a scan disk, no bad sector.

I installed the same downloaded copy on another system, Spyblaster runs OK on it.

Here is my Hijackthis report:
    Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 11:13:56, on 18/02/05
    Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.199:cool:
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    D:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHSERV.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYNAPTICS\SYNTP\SYNTPLPR.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYNAPTICS\SYNTP\SYNTPENH.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHA2MON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPZTSB01.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
    D:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST4\ASHMAISV.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SMARTDISK\FLASHPATH\SDSTAT.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHIPM08.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\HPHID408.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOTETAB PRO\NOTEPRO.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.fr/
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens
    F1 - win.ini: run=hpfsched
    N1 - Netscape 4: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.boursorama.com"); (C:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\jean_piere_marce\prefs.js)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHA2MON] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpha2mon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\hpztsb01.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PE2CKFNT SE] C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 2 SE\ChkFont.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mdac_runonce] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] D:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\AVAST4\ashmaisv.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [avast!] d:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\MSN MESSENGER\MSNMSGR.EXE" /background
    O4 - Startup: FlashPath Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\SmartDisk\FlashPath\sdstat.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
    O11 - Options group: [Accessibilité] Accessibilité
    O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061001/housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan53.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/msnmessengersetupdownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab

Thanks for your help.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey athuret....Welcome to Wilders [​IMG]

Unfortunately Wilders no longer allows unsolicited HijackThis logs posted as noted in the Announcement link below. I will be removing your log sometime shortly.

This link---> Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services!

Concerning the error message....Please see if the below Javacool Software KB article will help with your problem. Let us know how it goes.

This KB article---> Error message: "This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.
    "

Regards,
    Bubba

3. athuret

Hello Bubba,

I already saw the link you gave me and follow it without finding any solution.

If your forum does not care about my SpyrewareBlaster problem, then you have to change the title of this forum.

Anyway, I really appreciate a lot your kindful help.

So long!

4. athuret

Bubba, two more things:

I actually followed the three links you indicated without finding anything before submitting my problem to this forum as the title seems to me as the best place to do that.

If you don't want to change the title of you forum you can erase my whole thread and my member name. :D

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I can understand your frustration when something with these dang computers goes hay wire and hopefully you will realize Wilders is a good place to be as a member once you get your PC back to where you want it to be. Then you'll be able to enjoy some of the other Forums besides the Spywareblaster Forum. Heck....we've even got a couple of Forums where you can cut up and act goofy :D

As for that Spywareblaster message concerning virus....perhaps that's the direction we need to look in case that's the problem. That is also sometimes associated with what they call a CoolWebSearch Hijack. If you have the time....try following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning....and if you run into problems....feel free to holler back....we'll be glad to help ya beat this sucker.

If those steps do not resolve your situation....you could always post your HighJackThis log at one of the forums found at A-SAP. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

Hope that helps ya....let us know how you do....and have a great weekend :cool:

Regards,
    Bubba

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ tinku....I have split your post off into a thread of it's own for better assistance.

This thread---> Removing "AllCybersearch"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  7. Pinkyhorse

Pinkyhorse Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.