Spywareblaster... chkd items coming back

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Valkyri001, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:)Maybe I'm dreamin but I'd guess I did check certain items, then next time ran they were back. When I check individual they seem to stay. The problem was when I checked them all, things went crazy. Slowed down and some things I could'nt do anymore. So I'm checking groups now between reboots to assist me in finding wether or not I really want access or protection. Its getting down to the "tweaks". I have 98se, IE6, all M$ updates,spybot,spygard,ezAV and blaster 2.2.
    :)Your the expert, I'm open. What to doo_O?what to do?

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm well I can't say much for sure about checked items possibly coming back, but there really isnl't any way for SpywareBlaster to slow you down because of the way it works. Now, it may keep you from doing some things but this is more likely than not associated with the viewing of content on sites/etc protected against by the program. If there is something in particular you want to do, you could probably uncheck one (or a few) particular items to achieve that.

3. Valkyri001

Ok! spyblaster isn't slowing down the machine. I buy that. Is there any possibility that having one or more items checked, say for the sake of argument, and just an example, two items that maybe control an activeX loader. Now my machine maybe tries to use an alternate method of viewing. Like instead of Flash or macromedia it loads some older win media. It just appears to take longer to pull up screens and stuff. None of this makes real sense does it. I'll just have to hunt and peck I guess. Theres like <800 items in there or some BIG number anyway.
    Thanks for trying.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm... First I'll remind you (or maybe let you know for the first time) that I'm not one of our security experts but more of the "social" type moderator ;) )

Now... I don't think that your machine could/would try to view an object via an alternate method because the ActiveX control would simply not load/run.. and that's that. I suppose I could be wrong... but if so it's for some reason beyond my current comprehension. That's far from impossible, but I suppose I'll see if anyone else has a comment on the subject!

*puppy* - puppy wants rum!

5. Valkyri001

:eek:Ya now Detox, your making some lites come on over here, Its not what isn't loading. I try very hard to keep track of whats on and off. :D :DThank You! :D Your absolutely correct. I was getting to involved with checking items. I have also ran three new update from M$ and two new virus data updates.
    Thank you kind sir. Ok so's not to waste this thread, o_ODoes the new spythingy 2.6 run under 98se?

6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

First off my friend; no thread or question here is wasted. If you didn;t know the answer, so you asked the question - then it's perfectly valid!

Now... I can personally guarantee you that SpywareBlaster 2.6 runs on Win98SE because it is currently doing so on my secondary PC ;)

7. Valkyri001

;)Juat a tidbit of a response, I did find that one of my AV autodownloads was corrupt, I deleted the corrupt one, downloaded the (auto) again and now that is OK! This may not be the right place for this ? but I'll follow you anywhere.
    o_OWhy didn't my AV warn me before now that it was corrupt o_O I've rebooted a bunch of times since last download.
    o_OCould I have a resource hog here in ezAV o_O
    Now for the controversial ?
    o_OWho has the latest and greatest, least hogging, AV out today o_O
    This should be fun!!!!

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well, that is indeed a big question ;-)
    I'm not so sure about the AV you mention as I'm not too familiar with it myself. If you check out the "polls" and "other antiviruses" sections you will see this general question of "which AV?" discussed at length. It does seem most will agree that NOD32 is pretty light on resources, but I'll let you check things out in those other sections and feel free to post there any questions or whatever else you might come up with ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.