SpywareBlaster blocks ALL of FreeWebs!?!?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AntiSpamWebber, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone. I recently noticed that spywareblaster blocks the entire freewebs.com domain name. FreeWebs is a free web hosting company with millions of websites! To block them is like to block Geocities.com or Tripod.com, you can't block a portion of the internet. My advice to you, stay away from this software until they are more sophisticated in what they block, or you may just find yourself cordoned off from a portion of the internet!

2. Thugfoo

Thugfoo Guest

Lol.. spybot search and destroy did that at one point but then fixed the mistake. My guess is the same will happen with SpywareBlaster. You just can't ban millions of websites because one of them may have at one point in time had a trojan or something.. AHhh when will they learno_O

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hopefully sooner than it takes users of Spywareblaster to learn how to simply uncheck Freewebs in Spywareblasters database.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

man that's hard work...

5. InetGuru

InetGuru Guest

You guys are both wrong. Its retarded to even think that FreeWebs.com would be put in the restricted list. Hey, I have an idea for a spyware blocker, Ill just put every internet site on the block list, then you can just unblock the sites you want to see!
    What makes a spyware blocker good is that it only blocks the crap, not large portions of the internet. (See FreeWebs.com's alexa score in the low 200's)
    If you keep defending crappy products they wont improve it. This post and others are not meant to trash spywareblaster but to help them improve it.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Wrong about what ?

Our suggestion dealt with giving the Freeweb users a suggestion of how best to deal with this matter at the moment until Javacool(Spywareblaster programmer\owner) drops by and addresses your's and others concern. He is the one that decides which URL's he felt\feels should or should not be included in His database. I can also assure you he is always open minded and has on occasion re-visited the blocking of certain URL's after a poster like yourself has inquired.

Regards,
    Bubba

7. InetGuru

InetGuru Guest

Well, thanks for that, that's good to know. Javacool, if you are reading this, I think the consensus is to remove FreeWebs.
    The problem with giving a solution for the time being is, then people fix things on their own computer, and stop complaining, and so the root of the problem is never addressed. But Im sure javacool is a busy man, lets just hope he gets around to this soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.