SpywareBlaster blocking NAV updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kingsclear, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingsclear

kingsclear Registered Member

I am very sure that SpywareBlaster is blocking Norton Anti-Virus Live Update from working independently. I have not done as suggested and unblocked sections of the program. However, when there is an update available I have disabled the whole program and initiated live update from the Scheduled Tasks screen and it worked. I then enable the program and NAV then refuses to update automatically.

Something is not right. Is this going to be fixed? I am sure that others must be seeing the same thing. There must be a lot of people using NAV who are also using SpywareBlaster.

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

No probs here with Nav updating......I can't see how SWB could block updates?
    BTW- last upate was 25/3/05.

3. akira01

akira01 Registered Member

Check the database in SB to see whether there are any norton... entry, if found any, delete it and activate the protection again

4. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

no problems on my end using SB and Nav corp

5. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Windows XP-SP2, SpywareBlaster 3.3, NIS 2005(NAV 2005).

Norton updates automatically and without problems on my system.

Kingsclear,

Are you go through a proxy server to get out to the Symantec update site? That's the only way that I can envision that you are seeing SWB block NAV updates. Perhaps the proxy is blocked?

Or you have installed a custom blocking list that inadvertently blocks NAV.

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

When you reported this same problem in December 2004....it was asked of you then to disable "each seperately(ActiveX, Cookies and restricted sites) to see where the problem lies exactly."

The same request applies today....because until we know which of the 3 protections is actually causing the problem....if indeed they are....it does not help us....when we really would like to help you :doubt:

Your prior thread---> Is SpywareBlaster blocking NAV updates?

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.